TuneUp accesses your "iTunes Library.xml" file to read and make changes to your music library "iTunes Library.itl file". If either of these files become corrupted or contain errors, TuneUp may experience issues when performing its processes. Please follow the instructions to try rebuilding your music library:
1.) Quit iTunes
2.) Locate your iTunes folder (this is the folder that contains the iTunes Library and iTunes Library.xml files).
Mac OS X: Users > [your username] > Music
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\
- Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\
- Windows 7: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\
- Windows 8 & 8.1: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\
- Windows 10: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\
3.) Open your iTunes folder.
4.) Drag the "iTunes Library.xml" or "iTunes Music Library.xml" file to the Desktop. (This is your back up copy and should be kept until the process has fully completed and verified)
5.) Open iTunes
This process forces iTunes to create a new, fresh copy of your iTunes XML file.
Does this resolve the issue?
If you are still experiencing issues or if iTunes does not re-create the iTunes XML automatically, please read the following Apple discussion.